FAQ: Pet People & Member Status
- What does the "Member Status" represent?
- How can I find out how many points I have?
- How do I earn points towards my Member Status?
- I have submitted content - why has my points total not increased?
- I submitted content more than 24 hours ago - why has my points total not increased?
- What points are required for each member status?
- How do you prevent users submitting content only to increase their status?
The member status assigned to every member is a measure of their contribution to the PetPeoplesPlace.com website.
Your current points total is displayed on your Member Account pages, as well as your own member profile page.
Points can be earned by posting messages in our Pet Forums; uploading pictures to our Pet Gallery; or adding comments to items in our Pet News, Pet Gallery, Pet Breed Profiles or Pet Advice sections. Extra points are also earned by winning our Weekly Gallery Contest and by updating your Member Profile.
|Pet Gallery Entry||5|
|Pet Gallery Winning Entry||50|
|Pet Gallery Picture Comment||3|
|News Story Comment||3|
|Advice Item Comment||3|
|Breed Profile Comment||3|
|Updating Profile Avatar*||10|
|Updating Profile Text*||10|
*Applies only once
The points total is updated every 24 hours, usually at around midnight EST. Therefore, it may be up 24 hours before your points total reflects your daily activity.
Even if the points total has been updated after you have submitted content, there are situations where your total will not reflect this activity. In this situation, the content you submitted requires to be approved before publishing, and you will not earn points for this activity until the content has been approved and the points total subsequently updated.
For the first 7 days after you register, you member status will list as a "New Member", regardless of the amount of content you submit during this time. After this time, your member status will be as outlined below:
Most of the content a user can submit to PetPeoplesPlace.com requires approval before publication. Any content deemed to be submitted only for this purpose will not be approved and the member will not earn points for such content. However, while our Pet Forums are heavily moderated it is possible that users could post messages for this purpose without moderator action. If you believe this to be the case please use the "Report Discussion" link that is available on each forum page, and a moderator will examine the discussion.
Can't find the answer you are looking for? Please Contact Us.
- Dogs that Donít Shed
- Do Cats and Dogs Get Colds?
- How are Pets Euthanized?
- Hypoallergenic Cats
- The Benefits, Breeds and History of Hairless Dogs
- Everything you need to know about pet insurance
- Evidence Grows that Childhood Pets Protect Against Animal Allergies
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter