Companion Pet Breed Profiles
Our breed profiles include loads of details and pictures about the most common dog, cat, rabbit and horse breeds. Make sure to add to this resource and tell us about your breed - browse to the breed of your choice and then go to its Comments page for more details.
It is possibly one of the most important choices you will ever make.
It is a choice that will affect the lifestyle of you and your family for over a decade of your lives, and a choice that will directly affect the welfare of the animal you choose. Here are some tips:
- Make a responsible choice!
- Be honest with yourself about how much grooming, training, and exercise you really want to take on.
- Learn about the behavior and personality, appearance and size, grooming and exercise needs, and health of the breeds you are considering.
- Don't choose a breed based solely on appearance
- Don't choose a breed which requires you to change your lifestyle too much - are you really likely to make these changes?
- Don't make a choice based on assumptions - e.g. My friend says this breed would be ideal
- Don't disregard your financial situation - pets can be expensive!
- PetSmart: Pet Supplies, Pet Accessories and Many Pet Products
- Check out our new store!
- Breed Discrimination – Is Your Dog at Risk?
- Rescue Dog Nervous in Car
- Bad Pet Breath? Poor Oral Hygiene Is the Likely Culprit
- Dog Separation Anxiety
- Dog has Frequent Diarrhea
- Sign Up For Our Free Weekly Email Newsletter