whats the best nesting material?

Home Community Small Pets whats the best nesting material?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  crazy_psycho_rat 19 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

GioBonkers

Hi, My rats pregnant but i dont know how far along she is, she isnt huge but i can feel the babies and they’re a fair size, i know that i need to put her in a tank for the extra warmth but i dont know what nesting material to use, is paper flakes safe bed alright? another thing, do albinos have any problems bringing up young, with there sight problems and stuff? Any help appreciated thanks 🙂

i use toilet paper for neasting material for my rat. and it works pretty good.

Unscented toilet paper is the best. Stay away from that nesting crap the pet stores sell.

lauraliee

you can use and old t-shirt just cut in up into strips, or cotton or you can get use a wash cltoh cut up into stirps, you can buy one at wal-mart for 50 cents. i used and old cut up shirt and it worked fine!

Anya

The best nesting material would probably be toilet paper. Don’t buy the nesting material from pet stores because that kind can get wrapped around a baby’s neck or legs and hurt them. Cut up fabric is also alright but there is still a bit of danger with that. I would really recommend toilet paper. Good Luck! 🙂

Nikita

i steer well clear of the paper flakes – I used to use them until I had a gorgeous fawn male rat choke to death on a flake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.