Nesting Material

Home Community Birds Nesting Material

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  garima 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

garima

Sorry for posting so much. It’s just that I have been reading about splayed legs and am afraid something might happen with my unborn, unlayed baby budgies. Are magazine strips ok? If not then i will get wood shavings but i would really like to know if magazine strips are ok to use.

phillip

hey did the budgies finally lay im a bit confused? if so yes magazine strips are ok but i wouldnt use them the ink would be toxic and the paretns/babies could ingest now i tihnk NO dont use them. mose budgies will throw out any nesting materail so a trick i learnt was when the mum has laid the eggs a full clutch then put then nesting in becuase she dosnt really have the time or energy to throw it out.

garima

She has not layed yet. But she has another egg so we put the box back in.

phillip

how do u no she has a egg? did the vet say so? if he did has she been inspecting the box? if there is other budgies in her cage only put her and her mate in there take all the others out.

Linda

One of our bird experts on the Nanday Conure forum says anything with ink, especially the magazine type is extremely bad for our birds.
    Instead they should have the plain, I think butcher type, print paper that can be had at a newsprint shop.

So ditch the magazine paper idea.

sorry.

garima

I can’t separate the other birds. Theres another pair in there (4 birds all together)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.