Which Draft Horse do you Like?

Home Community Horses & Riding Which Draft Horse do you Like?

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ariel 16 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

HorseFeva22

Clysdales Shires and friesians if they are considered a draft horse

What she / said!! ? ? ? ? ? ??

I love how they are just so big and powerful!! It is soo amazing!!

I love all draft horses. My favorite though, are probably percherons or shires.

yep.

kizzer1102

I’d have to say Percherons. Very cool horse.

I HATE–sorry, hate is such a strong word– STRONGLY DISLIKE the PMU farms!!!!!!! All they do is breed mares. Then they use their urine while they are pregnant for some kind of hormone drug for women. (Pregnant Mare Urine-PMU). Once the babies are born, they hardly give them any time with their mothers, and wean them EXTREMELY early!! Its so awful! A lot of them go to the slaughter house because they are sold soooo cheap!! Its awful!! But there is one good thing. That is that they are researching some kind of plant that can give almost the same affect as PMU. I hope they stop PMU completely!!

My friend used to exercise this Percheron/TB cross. He was adorable, sweet, and very willing, but could get headstong at times when being ridden. Other than that, he was a great horse!!!!

Mary

I don’t think they’re used much for draft anymore these days but my favorite is the Friesian!

Julie

I just rescued a perchron gelding 1 1/2 mths ago, and let me tell you, the perchron breed is such a wonderful breed. This gelding, Nicky, is such a big teddy bear. I absolutely love him. 😀

Click on any picture to see full size:

Heather

if i had to choose a draft horse i would be tonn btw a Belgian, a Percheron, and a Friesian(however you spell those).. 🙂

Elizabeth

I like Gypsy Vanners and Shires and If you call a friesian a draft than yeah, I like those too.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Lurena

i LOVE the gypsy vanner!

Ashley

Gypsy vanners hands down! =D I might get to go visit Gypsy Gold Farm down in Ocala, Florida soon. That’s the leading farm for gypsy vanner breeding right now. They own some pretty famous gypsy horses, including The Gypsy King (the stallion that was made into a Breyer model). Oh, by the way, just thought I’d mentioned that, despite the light feathering, friesians aren’t considered a draft breed ;D Technically they’re considered to be warmbloods because of their temperaments and a generous amount of influence from non-draft breeds such as the andalusian.

angela

I

LOVE FREISIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.