cockatiels and babies

Home Community Birds cockatiels and babies

This topic contains 34 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kim 17 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Linda

Don’t worry about that. I don’t take breeders words as gospel. Not only that Anna and I do have extreme disagreements, but I have found her knowledgable, and have used some of what I know from her, but a great deal I dump.
    However, the other experts such as Margaret is owned by 27 parrots and Bill is owned by several. I find their knowledge a great deal more useful for my flock.
    So I do know what you mean, but do check out the nanday message board.
    Forget about rehoming Max. He’s happy, and sending him away might set him back, not to mention send you on an emotional rollercoaster as well.
    My feathered angels are here for the long hall. Somebody ever wants to buy them they’ll have to look elsewhere. My precious flock isn’t for sale and never will be. If it ever comes to a point Ican’t care for them they go directly to their God father, and everything they own, and medical records and any funding I may have set aside for them.
    And that is the way its going to be.
    I have their best interest at heart and my selfishness has no place with them.
    Good luck

sue

how long can a bird live,as long as he or she is cared for

Linda

cockatiels and the smaller versions, I believe parakeets can live up to 35 + years.
    The larger birds can live up to 95 years, perhaps longer in the right condition, and with the proper person if the bird is captive bred.
    How long does a bird live? If in the hands of a person with no skill and no knowledge the bird could live anywhere from 1 hour to a few weeks, perhaps a year.
    But a person with skill, knowledge, and always seeking to do the best for the bird chances for it to live out the life span known for these awsome wonderful creatures are significantly greater.

So, if you are a new bird owner you really need to get onto forums speciically concerning the bird you own. Break out the books such as "A guide to a well behaved parrot, and get whatever knweledge you can from your avian vet is essensial to the good health of your bird.
    Hope this helps Dotty300.

Lisa

I was under the impression that tiels live to be around 30, but that is rare because so few people take proper care of thier bird. Like giving them different shaped perches made out of different materials so they don’t get arthritis, give a variety of foods, exercise, mental exercise and challanges, ie, teaching a bird how to talk or follow commands etc, exciting toys, showers, I could go on forever. The most important thing is to be as informed as possible about your bird and keep up with new advances.

Click on any picture to see full size:

kim

You’re right. I properly cared for tiel can live upto 30. Smaller ones a little less, other parrots the same size as tiels I’m not too sure about. A larger parrot & cockatoos 50 to 80 depending on the species.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.