Ratlets in Lorain, OH Need Homes Fast!

Home Community Pet Adoption Ratlets in Lorain, OH Need Homes Fast!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jan 18 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kissbox

*This has been referenced on Rat-Adoption* Your typical petstore ‘bonus’ story!! Unfortunately, the girl that received this latest surprise is not able to care for all 13 babies. They are 4 wks old and are completely weaned off their mother, but still with the mother. Due to preplanned circumstances, these rats MUST find homes by the end of the month, or they will be subject to go back to the petstore where their mother was purchased. My rescue is helping to find homes for them, but we are not handling the adoptions, I believe there are 6 boys and 6 girls left (one is pending adoption). If interested, these guys consist of brown/black and hooded rexes. You can contact her directly at bal312221@yahoo.com Thanks!! ~Jennifer & The Ratties de Shika

Jan

I’m interested in adopting ALL of your ratlets. I have a burmese python, and could use the extra feed. Email me at defunkter7@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Jan

Who says I don’t love animals? Burmese pythons are animals, too, and they eat rats. What more can I say? I had pet mice growing up, but that’s irrelevant. Snakes need to eat, too. If the rats go to a pet store, they’ll most likely find a similar ends. I was only trying to help a lady out & feed my pet. I wasn’t going to run experiments on them. Is there any difference between these rats and other rats?

Jan

I can understand. I love frogs. I’ve always loved frogs-goes back to childhood when I would catch them with my Grandfather near his country home. But my Mother-in-law despises frogs. (It has something to do with several late-night trips to the bathroom & finding them on the toilet seat all-too-late. Because she lives in FL, frogs are aplenty. When I see her Westie go after them (and lizards), I cringe & do everything I can to stop her. My Mother-in-law only says, "Good girl!" I love little critters, but I’ve come to understand how the ‘circle of life’ works in nature. When I watched the discovery channel growing up, I would cry whenever mice, rabbits, frogs, etc. were eaten by owls, hawks, snakes, etc. I also get upset when fish in my aquarium eat the babies. I can see your point. In another thread, Philipi questioned my view of animals-Is it based on "cuteness"? Although I never said cats were cuter than mice (another food chain issue), there’s probably some truth to his point. We don’t like to think of "cute" animals being used this way. But when you consider other food sources for our pets (chickens, cows, lamb, geese, fish, etc. for dog/cat food or even the crickets for lizards/frogs) it all gets confusing. Where do we draw the line? Can we? We all love our pets & they need to eat. Some can eat food from a can/bag, while others need live food. I guess it depends on what pets you keep. I wouldn’t keep rats as pets to feed to my snake & I wouldn’t eat a pet pig for dinner.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.