Mom to one dog and two cats!

Home Community People & Their Pets Mom to one dog and two cats!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chitogracie 19 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Chitogracie

🙂 Hello Fellow Animal Lovers! I have had Chiquito (a 6-year-old male Chihuahua) for about 16 months. I adopted him from a shelter. He’s wonderful company and a great pet. On 7/2/04 I adopted two older cats from a different shelter. Tommy (a male gray-and-white very large cat) is 10. Gracie (a slightly smaller femalr classic tabby with blue eyes) is 8. Their owner is dying of cancer and I didn’t have the heart to leave either one of them there. The owner wanted them to stay together (and so did they!). My user name, Chitogracie, is a combination of all their names! Tommy and Gracie are hiding under my bed most of the time. (Chiquito sleeps in my bed.) I didn’t see them at all for the first 24 hours or so. The cats come out mostly at night or very early in the morning to eat, drink water, and use the cat pan. They DO NOT like Chiquito. They will have to get used to him and at least tolerate him, because he’s staying. He has no intention of harming them in any way. He does not chase them, bark or growl at them. He would love to sniff them and make friends. They are both larger than him, but I guess they are fearful by instinct. I had a cat and dog at one time who were great friends. I am hoping Tommy and Gracie will at least come to be comfortable around Chiquito. Tommy will let me pet him, brush him and even hold him. Gracie will cautiously let me pet her and brush her a little, but will not come completely out in the open. They will both accept small treats from my hand. Any comments or suggestions will be considered and greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.