Swollen cat

Home Community Cats Swollen cat

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Aquila 20 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

winnart

Three months ago my two year old male cat’s stomach, face, paws & back legs swelled up to twice normal size. He was very poorly & not eating, just drinking lots of water. He slept all day & wouldn’t let anyone touch him. We took him to the vets & after doing blood tests, Xrays etc. they didn’t know what was wrong with him. After a week or so he picked up & was soon back to normal. This has now happened again, has anyone heard of anything like this before & can help in any way. Thanks

Aquila

Hi Winnart! I don’t know if I will be of much help, but I do have a suggestion. If you do not agree with what the vet’s office had stated, regarding you cat & since they do not know what the problem is. I would call a 24-hour animal hospital & tell them what the problem is. Tell them it would have to be an open appt. When your cat swells up again, you want to bring him in immediately!! Have their their veterinarians look at him. Even if this means, leaving him there for a day or two, so they can examine him & watch him. I will have your cat in my prayers, that this condition will not appear again. Please keep us informed.

ilovepandas

Sorry i don’t know how to help but, i hope your cat gets better. Poor kitty

debbiedecker

I’t could be a spider bite or insect bite of some kind.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.