any homade toy ideas for chinchilla

Home Community Small Pets any homade toy ideas for chinchilla

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 13 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

linzi

im getting a chinchilla and i want to make toys for it. do you like treating your chinchilla with lots of toy??? nows your chance to share them!!!! if you can be bothered to reply to this and not act as if you havent seen this post before then thanks i apppreciate it.

linzi
    xxx

Nicole

i know that you can go online and google homemade chinchilla toys and lots of good stuff will come up but i know that you can make houses out of cardboard and go to the hardware store and get the big cardboard tubes and make crawl spaces for them they love these. hope that helps……..

anna

If you have never owned a chin before (and they have EXTREMELY specialized care), do a lot of research.
    Chins chew on EVERYTHING!!! So best toys are wooden, which they can chew on without harm. Although some types of wood are not good for them.
    Some safe woods are willow, red willow, bamboo, mulberry, ocotillo, yucca, pecan, cottonwood, and choia.
    They will eat/chew plastic, paper, and everything in between, so make sure that absolutely everything they have access to is safe for them to chew on and/or digest.
    The basics of chin care boil down to this:
    1) Chins are nocturnal and creatures of habit.
    2) They are social. Best always have 2 or more in a group living together.
    3) They DIE if it gets too hot. Have A/C. Try to always keep the temp between 60 and 70 if possible.
    4) They chew . . . .constantly . . . anytime . . . on anything. Make sure everything around them is safe to chew on.
    5) Do a lot of research on their diets. Ask local chin breeders and vets.
    6) They need dust baths at least twice per week.
    7) They need room to jump and run. If they have a cage, make it a tall one with many shelves, and let them run around at least a few times a week in a chin-proofed room.
    Here is a quick link on what NOT to do regarding chin care:

Sarah

ok so heres a site that gave me some ideas:
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4584698_make-chinchilla-toys.html
    Last night i just clipped some wooden clothes pins w/ popsicle sticks in them at odd angles on a peice of shoe string. Herbs loved it. I also just stuck some popsicle sticks in a peice of cardboard and he played with that.
    Bird toys are usually safe just check the wood and make sure there is no plasic. Also no bird treats, and i strongly suggest that you dont buy food or other treats from stores, half of them are actually horrid for your chin.
    You can stack boxes ontop of each other and make tunnels so he can run up and down on the inside mine really likes that.
    Here is a forums site that has really helped me and will give you great advise:
    http://www.chinchillaclub.com/forum/index.php
    also you can contact me at: purplebananas15@yahoo.com
    not to seem pushy i just hate to think of any chin not getting the best of care and want to help all that i can. 🙂
    ps: this is an online store that ive found that is owned by a lady who is really dedicated to chin health. You can get more ideas and supplies there, also all her earnings go towards a chin shelter she is trying to start.
    http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/index.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.