Another one…

Home Community Pet Loss Support Another one…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  CAROL 17 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Tabitha

My friends chicken died.She has only5 chickens now.She lost 3 pets in a row!!!

CAROL

There are alot of illnesses that affect chickens. I’d suggest you google "poultry diseases" & see the symptoms that match the sick chickens behavior. West Nile is a continuing concern- it can wipe a flock out completely. I had it come into my area after the hurricanes on the Texas coast…the chicken acts lethargic & groggy…thay quit eating & sit around with their heads drooping & their feathers ruffled…getting weaker & weaker- until they finally fall over & die. It doesn’t have a treatment as far as I can find, but if a person can protect their poultry from mosquito bites- then that will prevent them being infected….but mosquito to bird- to mosquito is the main source of infection. My horses are vaccinated against West Nile, but the Vet’s say it’s not cost feasible to come up with a vaccination or treatment for chickens. Go figure…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.