what colour horse should i buy?

Home Community Horses & Riding what colour horse should i buy?

This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 16 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

tishtash

i dont think colour comes into it as long as the horse is healthy and bright thats all that matters but when looking, keep your choices open,, see whats available and go for the best sometimes going for something different is a good choice it gives more character.. but you cant tell that till youve looked,. good luck,. let us know what you get.

chocolate

i am buying a horse this year but i don’t know what colour to get can you help me?

GottaTallyHo

🙂 If the horse is healthy, and has good grey matter between the ears (brian) than it should not matter what color he/she is, right? ??? I love Palominos, and Roans. In horseshows, they are looked more, because of there different color. 😛 Anyways, bays, chesnuts, and blacks are all looked at. I have two bays, a rose roan, blue roan, and a liver chestnut. I also use to have a Palomino, but he broke his leg. :'( Good luck with the horse! What breed are you getting?

Crystal

color shouldnt matter unless you are planning on showing it in colored breed shows (ex: appy, paint) that is the only time that they are very strick on it. if this is just a pleasure horse i would consider worrying more about temperment and health.. not color

the colour is completely up to you (palominos rule!) although the breed will affact it.

Color shouldn’t be main priority, but try to match a breed you like wtih a specific color. Personally, I like piebalds, blacks, palaminos, paints( of any kind, really!!), chestnuts, everything!!!!!!!

Just as long as you don’t pick a horse that matches your hair!!! >:( ( I’ve read so many books were the snob picks the horse that matches her hair >:() not saying that your a snob or anything!! 😉

have you found any you like yet?

I have brown hair, and I ride a chestnut, a dapple gray, etc. so I’m OBVIOUSLY no SNOB!! I HATE Snobs, becauseI know a few, like my sister.

i love palomonos but not because i am blonde!

Nope, definitely not. 😉

I don’t know, I haven’t seen you!!

like horses, it doesn’t matter what colour your hair is (’cause it can never beat mine! he he he) it is the person inside that counts. Oh, god, I sound like a nun, don’t I?

Yeah, I guess so.

Yeah, I’ll go for any color of QH, and I don’t really care about the color.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.