To all who has lost a pet.

Home Community Pet Loss Support To all who has lost a pet.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lucy 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Susan

I was looking around the internet and ran across this and wanted to share it with you all….I cried all the way through it…..I lost my cat Tinkerbell on Christmas Day and I’d had her for 16 yrs and this just touched my heart so much.
    Here is the link its a flash version of the Rainbow Bridge:
    http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

sarah

So sorry to hear that. Sounds like you loved her very much! It is like loosing a member of the family when you loose a pet. Take care!!!!!!

laura

wow,that is absolutely beautiful,and so emotional!!i too cried all the way through it x

Andrew

Awwwww bless you.

xx

Erin

I started sobbing even before it started, today i found out that my pet duck has been missing for 3 months from my friend’s house where he has been living. He thought that i was his mother, but then we had to take him to her house. I will never forget Puddles, and even if I never see him again in this life, he’ll always have a special place in my heart.

Susan

Heres another Rainbow Bridge poem that you can print out.
    It tears me up to read it but also in a way I know my Tinkerbell is not in pain anymore…Suebee

Click on any picture to see full size:

Kristina

So sorry about your loss. I think applies to kitties as well.. Purpose of a Dog from a 4 yr. Old
    Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a 10-year old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker and were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker & found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure in their home. As we made arrangements, They told me they thought it would be good for Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though he might learn something from the experience. The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker’s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, I wondered if he understood what was going on. In few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. Shane seemed to accept Belker’s transition without difficulty or confusion. We sat together after Belker’s death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than humans. Shane, who’d been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why." Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life– like loving everybody all the time and being nice, dogs already know how to do that, so they
    don’t have to stay as long." Best Wishes!!

Lauren

My condolences. I’m so sorry.. I too have been thru the loss of a beloved pet.. I’ve found many poems on the Internet including the Rainbow Bridge(both versions), and this one, which happens to be my current favorite: "Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow; I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain; I am the gentle Autumn’s rain. When you awaken in the morning’s hush, I am the swift uplifting rush. Of quiet birds in circled flight, I am the soft star that shines at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there, I did not die." I love that poem, I hope you enjoyed it too.

Susan

GSD that was beautiful….I loved it and thanks for sharing it…..Hugs, Suebee

Lauren

🙂 no prob. suebee :-), *hugs,* glad you liked it.

Charmian

I just had to put my 16yr old cat Tanner to sleep on 2/4/2007. I miss him so much the pain is hard to bare sometimes. I hate staying at home because everything reminds me of him. I am so sorry for your loss and no how you feel.

God Bless

Char

Lucy

JNKD111 – tighten up what you wrote and send it to Reader’s Digest. That quote is a keeper!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.