Fever in dogs

Home Community People & Their Pets Fever in dogs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  stella 19 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bj

Hi. I am new here and my name is BJ. I have a dog named Sadie and a cat named Blackie. The cat is a ferel cat and Sadie is a Sheppard/Pit mix. Does anyone know what it means if your dogs ears are hot? Does this mean she has a fever??

stella

you can use a thermometer they use for kids. I’ve used it many times when my dog had fever and it was recommended by the vet. it usually is very safe. Just make sure that it’s only for your dog and not to share with the kids. Like i’ve said any concerns at all call your vet.

calavino

i would be scared to use a thermometer my self…considering…if you do be sure you get one from a pet store and be ohh soo very careful.does your dog seem lathargic or like he doesn’t have an appetite or different than usual in any way?have you seen your vet?i think kyena’s ears used to get hot when he was playing alot

stella

:-Not really. Usually they say it’s the nose, that can tell if your dog has fever. The best way to know is with a thermometer. If your dog is acting normal in any way, i would assume he’s fine. Check it out if you have any worry’s about him.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.