Jazz, I miss you…

Home Community Pet Loss Support Jazz, I miss you…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Chantale 13 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rebecca

November 17th,2001. I was 11 years old and i had spent months trying to save up for a puppy that was all mine. I remember the car ride on the way to pick out my puppy, i was so excited. And i found the perfect one. a pudgy little golden retriever, with a mohwak of fur going down her nose and curly ears and a smile that could melt your heart. Jazzman.And she became my best friend and the best dog that you could even imagine. We did everything together,walked,ran, played in the snow, ate. She was a great listener, and a great pillow. her coat caught so many of my tears, over the years. Her tail was always wagging, and when she was really happy her whole body would wiggle. SHe taught me how to love something else, so unconditionally. ANd helped me get through a lot of hard and lonely times.she was always there for me,and i miss her so badly it hurts to think about. IN september of 2010, she got really sick all of a sudden. Just really lathargic and not herself. we took her to the vet and found out she had a tummor, most likely cancerous. The surgery was risky and the vet said even if it was a sucess that it would only give her a few more months. So i decided to put her down,so she wouldn’t be in pain and suffer. It was the hardest thing i have ever had to do.
    So Jazzman, this is for you, i just wanted to say that i love you, and i miss you. And I think about you everyday. I know your in heaven with Spotty, chasing tennis balls, and taking long naps. You are the best dog in the entire world. I don’t know what my life would’ve been without you.Thank you for being my friend.
    I will love you forever.
    P.s.I got a tatto for you. It’s a trace of your paw print. I know whatyour thinking..Stop getting tattoos!!
    I love you.

Click on any picture to see full size:

Chantale

first of all, I want to say that I’m so sorry for your loss:( I know how you feel. In 2008, I lost 2 dogs from cancer, one was only 2 years old. My animals are my life…I had a real hard time dealing with this. And recently I lost one of my cats from brain tumor, the first one I got, he was a very special little one 🙂 I got a tattoo for him too 😉
    I wish you the best, Jazz is still around to protect you. When it comes to unconditional love, pets are masters in that area 🙂 and it goes beyond death.
    Here’s a little poem for you.
    Beyond The Rainbow
    As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that’s trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.
    I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful — lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.
    I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I’m alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    ‘Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.
    For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we’re never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.