rat makes grinding noise with his teeth

Home Community Small Pets rat makes grinding noise with his teeth

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

??? my rat makes grinding noises with his teeth and sometimes it’s really loud and i read somewhere that it means he is getting ready to bite me or that he is like puring or something. and i was just wondering if you knew what it meant. thanks alot

he’s not cold…umm he aint chewing his teeth down…but like what do the noises mean…cuz is he is grinding his teeth at me and it means he is gonna bite then i aint puttin my hand in the cage.you know what i mean. so can you tell me what the noises mean??? thanks alot.

MOUSELOVER

It could be what you are saying it is or he/she could just be cold lol doubtful or he/she could be nawing chewing or whatever her or his teeth down.

Rattymama

Well from wat im guessin…. U say he isnt grindin hes prob just content and happy…. i wouldnt worry so much on that…. but maybe sum wood blocks or sumthin would be a help to him/her. Hope i helped!

i do have wood blocks for him. he like grinds his teeth at me. it’s kind of freaky not to mention really gross sounding.

Rattymama

well i am not sure wat exactly ur rats tryin to either tell u or do> But he may just be nervous….but i am not sure the only reason my rats do that is if they want to chew or are happy. :- so dont know wat to tell u sry

that’s ok

A.A.L

[quote author=crazy_psycho_rat link=board=37;threadid=1064;start=0#msg5603 date=1088630144] i do have wood blocks for him. he like grinds his teeth at me. it’s kind of freaky not to mention really gross sounding. [/quote] teeth grinding is a normal behavour called "bruxing." rats do this when they are contented and happy. my guess is that your rat likes you!

so it doesn’t mean he is gonna attack me. it means he is happy. i am sooo happy to hear that cuz the first time i heard it it freaked me out. this ismy firt time ever owning a rat and i had no clue what the noise was. thanks alot.

Hes Bruxing. That means Hes Happy. When he grins his teeth, Hes Bruxing. 🙂

lauraliee

i read some where that ratas grind their own teeth down from getting too long! and they do it when their happy!

my rats teeth are not long. they are short.

Anya

This is called bruxing, and rats do it when they are relaxed. It means they are happy and it also helps to wear down their teeth. While they are bruxing, their eyes may also bulge out. It’s kinda cute! 😀

that’s cool

rodderz32

Hi It could be the length of your rats teeth, check if the teeth are curled of looking painful for the rat, if they are take the rat to the vet. Sometimes my rats chatter their teeth when they are happy ;D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.