rat makes grinding noise with his teeth

Home Community Small Pets rat makes grinding noise with his teeth

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

my rats teeth r not long

Skye

My rat used to do it all the time. She would sit in your lap and grind like crazy. Her eyes would buldge out and the sound of the grinding was surprisingly loud. She was a happy little thing..

Brianne

hi ya no his teeth werent long everything was good with him i dont know y he grinded his teeth like that but ya thanks n e wayzs

Dana

when an animal grinds its teeth it means it is in pain. Your animal could be sick or hurt. I would take it to a vet.

Brianne

he wasnt in pain. and i cant take him to the vet because i had him put down about a month ago

Rachel

Rats ‘chitter’ when they are happy, content and relaxed. Currently my rat is trying to scratch my head off. (Shes on heat.) Normally shes very nice and chitters all the time like her sister! ps rats love galaxy chocolate! guaranteed chittering!

Taylor

maybe he just like =s the sound of his or her teeth grinding rats don’t bite

Jennifer

Rats will do that when they are either stressed, nervous, or content. A rat shouldn’t bite you unless it has never been handled before, or if it has horrible genes bred into it. There’s no need to worry over that.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.