Well, Turns out she wasn’t pregnant

Home Community Small Pets Well, Turns out she wasn’t pregnant

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  MOUSELOVER 19 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

GioBonkers

:'( For Those of you who read my previous posts, you will know that i thought that my rat was pregnant but i didnt know when the apparent mating occured, so, three weeks had passed since i noticed a weight gain so i took her to the vet, he had a feel and was quite sure that she was v.heavily pregnant, puzzling thing was, her mammary glands hadn’t filled?, he gave me options and i picked the c section because the apparent babies were too big for her to pass. So, she stays at the vets and i go for a walk about when i get a phone call, he tells me that he’s opened her up and that shes not pregnant at all, Turns out that the baby shaped lumps were actually lots of tumors in and all along her intestines, and 2 water filled sacks surrounding them, he’d never seen anything like it before and asked permission to put her to sleep, the kindest thing really, thing is, she was only 6 months old! And she didn’t show any signs of being ill, she was her normal playful self, not fair really considering. Bye Neiko, i’ll never forget you.

MOUSELOVER

OMG that is so sad thats terrible I am soo sorry my friend had that happen to her but in a different way.

lauraliee

thats im sorry to hear that. that breaks my heart. my brother had a rat and he had a tumor on the base of his tail and i felt so bad b/c he died while my brother was out of thown this summer and i felt like it my fault b/c i was the one taking care of his rats!! i got him a hairless rat and he just didn’t take to cleopatra like he did addison!

Anya

That is really sad……….. :'( I’m sorry that it had to turn out that way. I wish you the best of luck with your other rats.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.