Simon, the Silent Siamese

Home Community Cat Behavior Simon, the Silent Siamese

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lynda 16 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Lynda

Hi there……I just got a 4 year old pure bred chocolate point Siamese (Male) a little over a week ago. The lady I got him from was reluctant to give him up, but she has 4 other cats and couldn’t provide the proper care for Simon (and probably the others) so he came to me with FLEAS, EAR MITES, and GINGIVITIS. The fleas are gone, the ear mites are on their way out as my vet gave me drops for his ears, and last Friday I had his teeth cleaned and polished and he had 3 teeth that needed to come out.
    Simon is completely SILENT, in that he does NOT MEOW….doesn’t utter a sound, although when I have to put these drops in his ears, he does growl and he has hissed a couple of times at my other kitty, but other than that, he is SILENT, which is most unusual as Siamese are notorious for being talkers. Has anyone ever heard of this or know s WHY he has no voice? His vocal cords have never been altered, and the lady who had him said he has never been very vocal. He is a LOVE. He’s laid back, sweet and gentle, and loves to be carried over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes, and hugs my neck…………….literally. He IS SUCH A SWEET boy, I just adore him!
    IF anyone can answer this, I would be very grateful. It is just out of curiosity as to WHY he doesn’t meow, because the quiet is kind of nice, as my other kitty is very vocal.
    Thanks~L.P.

adriean

Most definitely yes, I brought in a ferral when he was about 6 mos old 15 yrs ago and never did he meow. His name was Miles and was the sweetest cat and if I might say so the most intelligent. When he wanted something he would give a silent meow, never heard it but he would always give it to me. Other than Miles I never heard of another cat doing this. Miles is gone now but I think of him ofter.
    Adriean

Lynda

Hi Adriean~I am SO happy that Simon is not the only Silent Siamese/Cat. Miles sounded like a dear kitty. Simon doesn’t even do a *silent* meow, BUT he does growl and hiss, especially putting drops in his ears and cleaning them, as he came with ear mites and they are THE worst to get rid of and I can tell his ears bother him so. He too is very intelligent and playful. Can jump like nobody’s business!!
    Thank you for responding and sharing your story of Miles~Take care~L.P.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.