Shes eating the glue!?

Home Community Small Pets Shes eating the glue!?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  crazy_psycho_rat 19 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

i can’t see it being harmful because if it were they wouldn’t use it for the tanks that animals use. i think your rat is fine.

GioBonkers

Hi, thanks to those who already gave me advice but now i need some more, iv put Neiko, (mummy rat to be) in a tank for the extra warmth but shes eating the glue that holds the glass together, is this in any way harmful to her and/or her babies, i cant see it being toxic otherwise it wouldnt be used on animal products but im still worried.??? A.A.A, Gio

Sheri

I would check into this more, if it’s an aquatic tank (intended only for fish), which I understand tanks generally are, then I’ve heard it could be toxic on the inside and non-toxic on the outside when it’s dry – depending on the type of stuff used. Because these tanks are ment for fish; once the seal is dry the toxic stuff won’t leach out into the water, and won’t hurt the fish. If it’s the kind that’s toxic on the inside it would be quite dangerous. Ask some people who know alot about fish tanks. I’d take my rat out of there until I knew more facts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.