Not again!

Home Community People & Their Pets Not again!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  garima 17 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

garima

Well we out the nest box back in. The budgie who reabsorbed her egg , I think now has an egg again. We didn’t take her to the vet but she started squeaking every time the male comes near her, like she did before when she had an egg. The vet says she acting like a baby bird. I put the box back in but now it’s a bit lower and in a different corner. I put newspaper scraps in there. Is there anything else I should do?

linsay

i got told not to put news paper in with my bird(cockateil) when she had eggs as the print (the ink) could be harmful i use saw dust but shake it to get small or dust out thats all i know bout birds and eggs lol apart from she became a little horror good luck

garima

is it okay to put grass in there instead of newspaper?

linsay

i not sure about that i have no idea i still learning about my 2 birds what about just using plain paper put it through a shredder or rip it up? any think that i need to know i ask my friend who i got them of she raised sunny who is 6 this year she will come to you but the other skippy you have no chance he hates eveybody

garima

Ok so the pregnant female has been eating a lot today. She’s one of the more shy budgies but she even followed the spray millet in my hand all the way to the nest. When there she poked her head in a few times. Is the eating a lot mean she may be delivering her egg anytime soon?

garima

please answer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.