Can Some one help?

Home Community Dogs Can Some one help?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Nicole 16 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Kitty

I am having problems with the my neighbors. They have 8 starved beagles out side (1 is pregant). There is no food or clean water, no shelter and they are out side in these kennels that are really meant for one dog (opposed to 4). I have reported it, because of what these poor animals are going through. But all the county does is send out a truck to look at them and that is it. Does anyone have an idea of what steps i can take next? Thanks Rebecca

tishtash

oh poor things thats usually what the animal protection supprt usually do they first visit and then come back and the give the owner altermatumn if theyve not kept to it then they take action….. the only thing you could do is to ring around more animal protections, and dont stop ringing until they do something about it….. have you said anything to the owner…. ? keep records of things like the dogs barking if they are let out at all and how long for how long they been inside this kennel. if any food is being given….. note all this down and maybe the animal protection may do something….. record it on video showing how distressed they are… i would love to go in and take over but then you could cause more trouble….. so just lets hope we can get this sorted a.s.a.p

Abby

If you have some Dog food,try feeding them that. If you have some extra Money,buy some collars and leashes and see if you can keep them you until you can call the nearest shelter. I have a Dog that romes the streets,very nice but is very scared. If the males start barking at you,it is because they are protecting the pregant. If they already have collars,buy them leashes. Try to tell them that you are trying to save them from getting killed(It is a saying). You could have these dogs saved in no time. After you do that,call the Animal police and the regular Police. Call your friend,see if He/She has any collars and leashes and Idea’s.

DogsRulz222

Mikka

dont buy leashes and collars. i would keep notifying animal control and take pictures if possible. they have channels they have to go through as well they have to give the owners time to remedy the situation. DO NOT CONFRONT THEM!!! that could go south really fast. as for feeding them if you have a pet and you have extra food (whether it be cat or dog food) something is better than nothing . good luck i hope this helps

ASHLEY

Oh my gosh. I was reading through and I posted a similar discussion yesterday about my neighbor having like 15 border collies. I thought there was some sort of legal limit on how many dogs you could have. Maybe I’m wrong? I know how you feel because I feel so bad for the dogs in my neighborhood. They are each tied up to a tree or in a small cage. The sad thing is that the only thing I guess you can do is to keep reporting it.

Maybe you should anonomously leave dog food on their front door step. Maybe they’d get the hint.

Patti

Call the local Humane Society or ASPCA.

Nicole

do keep calling AC but if you can be nosey and get a little person to go over and take lots of pictures make sure you get of the bowls (if any) and dogs….especially the preggers one…please let us know what happens

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.