winter and your pets

Home Community People & Their Pets winter and your pets

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  pam 17 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sue

in the winter months if you live where its cold,do you keep your dog or cats out side?I keep mine in doors unless its the bath room.

Hollly

All my pets have been indoors, so cold weather isn’t a problem. In bitterly cold weather outdoor animals are better off indoors. A little dog or cat hair in your house is a small compromise for your pet’s life.

Kurt

My cats stay inside all the time and dogs have a doggie door go in and out as please to kennel.When extreme cold below 0 they make fast potty runs and then in but they do love running in fresh snow.

pam

i have a shih tzu i do love, but i must admit he’s dumb as a rock. i let him out a few times a day. if the weather is extremely cold, he doesn’t seem to notice that it’s a potential problem. i’ve actually had to put my boots on to go out to "rescue" him from the yard because he literally takes too long to do his business and ends up getting so cold he can’t move. he just stands their lifting his legs up and down. even my german sheperd occasionally will do the same thing if the weather is sub-zero. it’s extremely danagerous for any animal to be left out in extreme cold weather. if my two can have such a problem after just a few minutes in such weather, just imagine what it must be like for a poor stray cat or dog, or the cruel people that actually put their dog outside on a chain and leave them. keep your pets in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.