Vets

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  SJ 17 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

SJ

Im just wonder what peoples vies on their vets are, well their pet’s vets anyway.
    Im been a member of petpeoplesplace for quite a while, and have found many people who would just really rather not take their pet to the vet. I was wondering if its because of the travel, the cost, they dont like the vet, the atmosphere, how the pet reacts etc. Or do you like going to the vet (for check ups, obviously the vet isnt usualy fun for the pet or owner)

Meredith

Go to the Vet! It would be tragic if something was wrong with your pet and you knew nothing about it…but something kept bothering him/her. If your pet has a hard time, in the car on the way there, in the waiting room, or even in the ‘doctors’ room, then just tell your vet and she will be glad to give you a prescription for a medicine to help him calm down. This is what we had to do to our dachschund. Yes, the cost is high, but so is the love of our pets.

garima

People should do all their homework before buying a pet. That means the cost what ept they are going to get and a lot of information about the pet. It’s like buying a house and later figuring out that the house is the oppisite of what you wanted and you can’t pay for it.

Kathryn

Our vet is wonderful. He treats our snakes and I think did an wonderful job with our recently past dog.(view sands article). I never mind taking the pets for the check ups and odd things, even though it is a hassle sometimes. But no more than taking the kids and pets are no different. If you have a good vet the cost out ways the rest.

kim

My guys & girl all go to the same clinic for check ups every 6 months. I’m only about 30 seconds away from the clinic which has a general vet & an avian vet, so I don’t need to go far or to different places. They also know all my pets really well which is good.

Deborah

Well,

I have 4 dogs and 2 cats, which for most people is a high end vet visit.

I, in fact, have to take my german shepherd to the vet TODAY, or A.S.A.P… He was found with a tick on his upper back late last night…could end up w/ lime desease…so, a visit to the vet, (so they can extract it PROPERLY…), and then send it off to a place where they will determine if it’s going to cause problems.

I take my dogs for their yearly check up, ONE DOG PER MONTH…so it hurts my bank book less. I also do a blood test every 2nd year for heartworm…IF I’ve been diligent about giving the heartworm meds. Otherwise, I test the dogs yearly. I believe that dogs have a cost…and one must absorb those costs without question. Your dog offers so much love and unconditional support. Why not do the same for "your best friend"? It’s not like they can exist without our help from time to time, when needed. They don’t heal on their own. :s gonty

SJ

My vet is about 15 minuates away in the car, but it is down one steep hill and up another, so walking their and back with guinea pigs in a carry cage isnt the eaisiest of task plus the weather dosent really allow for sick piggies to be out, so they always get a car ride. My Cookie Dog however hates the car and gets travel sick (he will throw up on the way there and on the way back), so unless he is too ill for a walk, which he needs at least once a day as he isa very active dog, then I walk him their. Once he realises where he is going his tail goes faster than usual, and greats his fav nurses, and sulks if ‘his’ vet sint on. We have had a lot of problems with this guy and he is well known by the members of staff who were there when we got him.

garima

My parents did not let me atke my budgie Biscut to the vet untill the last minute and he had to be put down that day. This made me extreamly mad considering it was like I was blamed for not telling them how serios it was (which Ihave been doing all along). My other budgie Cracker go sick three months after Biscut died. My mom was avoiding the vet trying to see if we could take him to the pet shop first. After a few days it was obvios Cracker was sick. We waited untill Monday (vets weren’t open on Sunday at that time).

garima

After we got a medcine for Cracker. A week later his health was going down hill while he was still on medicine. We went to the vet and she said if he didn\’t get better it would be best if we brought him back tot euthanize him. After keeping him in a separtate cage for a day(which he hated) we brought him back to his original one. because he refuesed to eat anyhting but spray millet. HE was on medication for one week. I could tell when the vet was talking to me she was thinking that he wouldn\’t survive but now my cracker won\’t stop talking.I really had to make sure that Cracker survived. Biscut was his best friend. When we brougth back the dead Biscut from the vet, when Cracker first saw him he was all ready to talk to him and feed him. I couldn\’t give up on his best friend. In these picutres you can see Cracker never let Biscut out of his sight. He loved to talk to him. cracker is blue and Biscut is white. I still can\’t tell Biscuts story without having a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I miss my little Biscut.

Click on any picture to see full size:

SJ

Im sorry to hear about your budgie, I know the loss of a pet is difficult, but its important to not blame yourself (or allow others to blame you). Im have a difficult time at the min my (well my boyfriends) guniea pig is refusing most food, I got a call from the vet today saying that if she doesnt start putting on weight them it may be best to have her put to sleep. I look after her, feed her and pay the costs, but she is ment to be his and is a right little brat with me (i think to remind me). On the plus side Cookie Dog is due in for his check up, and Im sure he cant wait to show off all his new tricks to the vet and nurses.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.