cage cleaning behavior

Home Community Birds cage cleaning behavior

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 17 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Jill

I have a 6 month old lovebird and she (we think..no DNA test) has started like pinching us as we have our arm in the cage cleaning the bottom. She is not normally nippy, but is this a normal behavior when you clean the cage with the bird in it? It’s a large cage. I am assuming it is a possesive behavior of the cage, right?

Angela

Try letting her out to play while you clean her cage or put her in her travel cage. A wise friend once told me would you want someone to come in your house and start cleaning without your permission. That is there home, thier own space and she just wants the same repect you want in your home. Removing her from the area while you clean would be better for her then she won’t feel like you are invading her private personal space. Best of luck to you and your love bird baby.

garima

She thinks you are invading your territory and females tend to get a little huffy about that.

Linda

It’s not just the females. Male birds can take a serious chunk out of you too.

Look at it this way. Would you tolerate a theif?

It is indeed their personal private area to escape from the dangers around them and I’m sorry your hand can be a big terrifying thing to them even if they know you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.