Doberman Help!!

Home Community Dog Breeding & Breeds Doberman Help!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Karen 20 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lucie28lucie

:-/ I have a girl doberman who is now 8 months old and she is my first dog. She has not had a season yet, (seen no blood) but the other day i was in the park with her and a dog jumped on her a was trying to mate with her, i was pulling her away and trying to get this dog off, which i managed to in a few minutes. But now im really worried, what the possiblilty of her being pregnant and does a dog have to be in season to get pregnant? i have called my vet, who said they wouldnt be able to tell for up to four weeks, but im worried. can anyone adivise me.

lucie28lucie

😀 Thanks for you reply. im ringing the vet now, and going to get her spayed.

Karen

Spay her now or ask the vet for the hormone injection that will prevent any fertilized eggs from inplanting. There are things a vet can do to prevent a mismating and you need to push your vet for it or go to another vet. Just because she is not bleeding does not mean she is not in heat. Some girls have silent heats with no outward signs at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.