Rabbits

Home Community Dogs Rabbits

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 17 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SJ

How do I train my dog not to chase rabbits, can it even be done. I was out walking him yesterday and a rabbit ran up to me (I dont think it was a wild one, a while ago a few rabbits went missing in my village they think it was a "prank" if you can call it that, 3 rabbits were let out or stolen. It had floppy ears, a white patch on its chest, and was bigger than any wild rabbits I have seen). Then Cookie chased it, luckerly he was too slow, but he wouldnt come back until he had lost it. I mean how do I make myself more exciting than a bouncing, fluffy rabbit that is running to a 11 month old bull terrier cross GSD (type). I dont ever want him to harm a rabbit or anything like that and have guinea pigs that I also dont what him to get to. How do I train him to leave them alone. My last dog got on great with my old rabbit, but was never over keen on any others, she generaly ignored them, she only chased cats if they ran and even then would come back after a few shouts or if we said leave it before she started she would. In her last years she got on better with our neighbours cats than she did the dogs. I just cannot remeber if she was always like that or not. I witnessed my friends terrier kill a gerbil and dont want to lose any of my babies never mind in that way.

Sarah

ok my 2 dog would always chase rabbits and an kill them, i had rabbits and was afraid to let them out when i had my dogs so i got some rabbit fur from a hunting store and stuffed it with cotton then put some hot sause on it (not to much). then tie a string around it and drag it around and let your dog go after it if he bits it, the hot sause will burn him ( it will not harm the dog just make his mouth hot.) do this until he does not care to go after them any more (this worked with my 2 dogs )

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.