Toby’s Birthday

Home Community Pet Loss Support Toby’s Birthday

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  elisa 14 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Helen

I’m sorry for your loss of Toby, it’s so difficult losing such beloved babes and best friends. My dog Ganny died on his 9th birthday just over 5mths ago, he was my world… 🙁 At times life is unfair and nature can be really cruel. I hope you can find some peace knowing Toby loved how you loved him.

Lesley

Today would have been Toby’s birthday. We had been so looking forward to it. Toby and my daughter had their birthdays the same day, and every year we got them a cake with both their names on it. Toby loved cake. Instead of celebrating today though I have to go and collect his ashes. He died on Mother’s day. Where are you Toby, I miss you so much and hope you are celebrating today wherever you are. I would give anything to have you here today and hold you. All my love mum. xxxx

calavino

happy birthday toby and toby’s sister.hope you found that there is still cake

Lezly

🙁 I am so sorry about Toby. I lost 3 hamsters and a few fish but I realize that that doesnt even compare to your loss. Hopefully you will consider getting a new pet. After Copper died I got a bunny. Whenever I am depressed he makes me smile. I also have adog. And he is 70. I dont know what I would do if he died. He has been with me since I was born. I again am sorry for your loss

Lesley

Today would have been your 15th birthday. I still miss you so much and would give anything to have you here. I remember your whole life as if it were yesterday. I still feel very guilty about what I had to do, even though I knew how ill you were. You trusted me and it is so hard to live with. I’m so sorry, and hope you forgive me. Happy birthday Toby, lots and lots of kisses and hugs to wherever you are. I know we will be together again some day. All my love mum xxxx

Lesley

Happy birthday Toby. We still miss you as much as ever, and I know you are watching over us. There is a hole in my heart which will never be filled. Wish I could give you a big hug. All my love mum xxxx

Nicky

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOBY!
    And mum don’t forget the rainbow bridge.

Janice

I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your Toby. I, too, am working my way through the grief of just having to have my own sweet baby put down 3 1/2 weeks ago. Try to take comfort in the fact that Toby and full and happy life with you, filled with love and fun and people he loved. We should all be so lucky.

Please don’t feel guilty or that you "betrayed" him in the end. Letting our pets go peacefully and quietly and freeing them from any pain and suffering, no matter how bad it hurts us to let them go, is the ultimate selfless act of love and kindness you can give your beloved pet. It’s not betrayal at all — it’s loving them and doing the best thing you can for them right up to the very end.

I’ll leave you with the last passage from "A Dog’s Prayer" which you may find comforting:

"And my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and good sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having fun. Please see that my trusting life is taken gently. I shall leave this earth knowing with the last breath I draw, that my fate was always safest in your hand"

Lesley

i can’t believe it’s 3 years since you left us, it seems like it was yesterday. Life just isn’t the same without you. I often read the Rainbow Bridge poem, and I so hope it comes true. Happy birthday Toby, hope you had cake! We all miss you so much, and wish you could be here. I am sending you big hugs and loads of kisses. All my love mum xxxxxxx

Lesley

Another year without you! I have thought so much about you this weekend! I miss you so much Toby, hope you enjoyed your birthday! I know it’s silly to keep posting on here, but somehow it helps. Sending you the biggest hug, lots of love Mum xxxx

elisa

i hope you always keep him in your heart 🙁

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.