Pregnant?

Home Community Rabbits Pregnant?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Beth 19 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mirical97266

I put the buck Zues in with my doe Hercules and I know that they go into heat every three days, but Hercules never let Zues mount her. I left them in for a whole week and she keeps on running away from him. What could be wrong? They are both mature enough to be bred and I watched them very closely, but he only mounted once for let 5 seconds. ???

Beth

What breed is she? Some breeds seem to not have a problem with ANY male placed with them while others fight it to death. I personally had 2 female mini rexs’ that just wouldnt breed – I tried for a year!!! End even the males seemed low libido’d. But other breeds I had would mate without any problem everytime. There is NO way of telling a female is pregnant right away without taking her to a vet, of course towards the end she will gain weight, you might see the bunnies in her belly kicking and wiggling and she might like to ‘decorate’ her box now and then, an unbred female won’t really mess with a nest box other than sitting on it. I suggest you put her back in with the male (if bunnies is what you want) for just a very short while-about 1 minute or less, if she is bred she WILL NOT let the male breed her again for anything-watch them closely-they could hurt eachother. Or even better-wait a month, prepare for bunnies, expect she is pregnant now and just wait and see. Good luck~Beth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.