HELP PLEASE!!!

Home Community Horses & Riding HELP PLEASE!!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  i_love_tigger 19 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mollie

hey guys, i need help.do you think it is a good idea to try and find a job at a barn to save up money for a horse and the board fee’s?about how long do you think it would take for me to find one if i put an ad on dreamhorse.com?i am DESPRATE for help.here was what i was thinking. board:$300 for loghouse includes(stall,turnout,suppliments,feed,t&a or alfalfa hay,access to everthing) stafford hill:$400 a month (not sure what it includes) farrier:at loghouse they get this guy that is like 2x more expinsive than the rest… :'( trimming:$50 shoeing if needed about $200 or something like that…) stafford hill:$25 for trimming;$100 for shoeing if needed) tack:well…im getting it for christmas i am sure i will have enough money for the horse itself and all the other stuff such as grooming stuff,and extra supplies

Wait – so what exactly do you need house with? Finding a horse? Buying a horse? The expense of a horse? Well, are you personally going to have to pay for the board and stuff? Working might be a good solution (at the barn I mean…) Working is fun at my barn at least….

Its really tough to pay for a horse on your own. If your in school, you probably won’t be able to pay for all that by yourself. That farrier sounds way too expesive! So, what exactly are you looking for again?

razzamatango

Whoa – I’m not really helpful, but $300 – $400 a month is a lot for a board fee. Here, where I live, it’s like $100 at the most, but our vet and farriers sound more expensive – they’re like $80+ for trim and shoes and the vets are really bad. Um, you might be able to find a stable where you can work that’ll give your horse the benefits for your work… ya know? Like, you pay half the board fee and then work and then they’d give you a place for the horse. That’s what I’d do – probably.

yeah, board varies everywhere… it’s really weird… like, around where I live, 300-400 is about average (nowadays) even though the board I have is $290, and I work off most of that. The farrier is a huge diifference, being about $40 for front shoes…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.