any FFA members here?

Home Community Horses & Riding any FFA members here?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EquineDreamer89 19 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mollie

;D hey guys, i have been in FFA (NO LONGER STANDS FOR FUTURE FARMERS OF AMERICA!)for about 2 years last year i showed a rabbit and we won 1st place at the plant city strawberry festival (in florida)this year i am going to again show my rabbits and raise a hog (swine)hopefully we get somewhere with that!i just wanted to know if anyone is on ffa or what you think about it. thanks, mollie

I’ve heard of it (and didn’t know it wasn’t called Future Farmers of America… very interesting) but I am in 4-H, which is similar. But I am in a horses only 4-H club.

Mollie

i really want to join 4-h (horses!) but i think u need a horse for that dont you?tell me about it

Mollie

what about horse shows?dont they have horse shows that you compete in?i really want to do that.

I would love to! No, you definitely don’t have to own a horse, as over half the people in my club don’t. But they do often do activities that involve riding. Its basically a club that does things/activities that involve horses. We meet once a month and plan activities to do (in october we’re goin to the international horse show, which is an awesome show that does show jumping.. then cool things like jack russel terrier races, trick riding, and other neat things w/ horses), and its really fun. They have little workbooks that you can do, and you often learn more about horses when you do them. Some of them you have to have horses to complete, but there is a series of worbooks called Horseless Rider that you could do… Its a really fun club in general…

yes, actually. They have 4-H shows. You can go here to find out more: http://www.4husa.org/index.aspx or http://www.4-h.org/ Hope I helped

Mollie

yeah…u have helped alot…i dont have time to do it right now but i will cheak it out later when i have more time on the computer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.