Cat skin/fur problem

Home Community Cats Health Cat skin/fur problem

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Raafay 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Raafay

Hi, recently my cat has had a skin problem that I took her to the vet for. I thought it was ringworm and the vet currently has a culture of it for the next two weeks to determine fully what it is. My cat started off with a lesion on the top of her head by her ear and it progressively got worse. I took her to the vet immediately and it is currently under process through a culture. My vet also prescribed a pad that attacks fungal infections that I dab on the lesion/area 2 times a day. It has been 4 days, and today, while padding her, I noticed two more patches where the fur is completely missing but there is no wound or lesion. One is behind her neck and the other by her shoulder blade. Can anyone please give me an idea of what you think it is? Since her two other patches don’t have a lesion or wound, now I am thinking perhaps it is an allergy? I am just very confused and I am calling my vet ASAP tomorrow morning but I am dying to find out what it is so that I can find a solution for her. Also, my cat is not in any pain and is acting completely normal – which I find very odd because her skin is not doing so well. Thank you and I will appreciate *any* feedback.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.