Dee Dee The Collie needs skin help!

Home Community Senior Dogs Dee Dee The Collie needs skin help!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dave

Hello folks. I’m taking care of a dog right now. She is what I would call a ‘ghetto’ collie. She has a terrible skin condition. I’ve been told that ‘shes allergic to fleas’. I do see the collie in her and the associated energy that comes with them. I believe she is allergic to the fleas yes but I also know she lacks a ‘job’ and will tear herself apart on fences and concrete floors. All she has had to live with are cats and you know about herding cats! Also the cat flea is the worst thing, I hear, for dogs. Anyway I am wanting to try to help her with her skin. Shes lost most of the hair on her back half and there are sores galore. I’ve treated her for fleas and isolated her from the cats to no avail. Now here’s my questions… what things can I find in nature, drug stores to help her poor little back? Aloe? Camphor? Phenol? Bees Wax? Sulfur? I’m really at a loss and I don’t want her licking up phenol and camphor. I can’t afford the gee wizz vet stuff but this is just a mercy case for me. I’m just wondering and please don’t be to hard on my lack of knowledge. I’m eager to learn

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.