KITTENS ADOPT KITTENS (3) GIRLS-La Plata MD area

Home Community Cats KITTENS ADOPT KITTENS (3) GIRLS-La Plata MD area

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frances 12 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Frances

KITTENS FOR ADOPTION – THREE (3) GIRLS
    RESIDENCE: Issue, MD. South of La Plata, MD, Charles County, Southern Maryland. South of Wash. D.C. near end of MD 301 South bef. it goes over the Nice Bridge to Virginia ………. Arrangements can be made for kitten pickup or delivery.
    COLORS: 1 gray-&-white; 2 blk tortioseshell (bits of color on black) ………..FUR: Short.
    SIZE: Both tortie kittens will be small like Mother. The gray-&-wh will likely be lgr cat.
    HEALTH: Very healthy ………. VET CARE: Will have 2d shots by Aug. 3. Wormed & flea-&-tick’ed. MOTHER NEGATIVE FOR FeLV; kittens too young to test, but 99.9% likely they’re clear too.
    LITTER-TRAINED …………….. DIET: Solid kitten food.
    OTHER ANIMALS: Living w/2 adult male cats & med-sized dog. Kittens mostly ignoring all of them & not scared at all.
    PERSONALITIES & NOTES: Have only been handled for 4 wks, but the limited time has still improved them immensely from their outside attitudes …. Lively, bouncing all over the place, chasing strings, toys, & ea. other ….. Climbing things.
    ……… More easily approachable when in their cage than on the floor, when they’re in constant motion. Picking them up always causes wiggling …… I think they’re taking their cue from Greta & being more nervous than necessary.
    = = = = = = = GRAY & WHITE: Largest; noticably bigger than her sisters, likely takes after Father in coloring & size. Very brave & adventurous, so much so that I thought she was a boy before the vet checked. Got friendly fastest, is happy to battle fingers & climb on your lap when chasing strings. Can be petted & briefly picked up. Is very friendly right now. Looks like she’s going to run a household. READY TO GO HOME.
    = = = = = = =. FIERCE KITTEN: Mother’s coloring, black field w/tortie bits. Face has black stripe starting at her nose & over bet. her ears & down to her neck. She’s Fierce because when we first met, she played Whack-A-Human, batting bravely (?) & fiercely (fr. undr steps) at my fingers. A bit wild yet; hard to touch when outside the cage, but when inside, she relaxes a little & will accept petting. I THINK SHE NEEDS A COUPLE MORE WEEKS OF TAMING. (If you’d like to take on the taming part….)
    = = = = = = = CAUTIOUS KITTEN: Mother’s coloring, w/all-black nose & more orange. The runt, smallest. Was the least brave of the bunch but gettting better. The picture of her, looking up fr. undr the porch step, is how I saw her most of the time outside. Was Unsure a long time, now middling-friendly. Needs concentrated attention, but will respond. Can be tricky to pick up, she panics. I THINK SHE CAN GO HOME IN ABOUT A WEEK, but be aware that she’ll need attention.
    FAMILY HISTORY: Born under my porch. Mother Greta was outside, partly-feral mouser cat. Now living underfoot inside house. Brought in over 4th of July wknd. Don’t know why she left the house she’d lived at for 2 yrs. We’ll be adopting Greta. GRETA: Blk tortoise-shell (blk body, wh & or tortie bits shot thru fur). Small, med-long-hair/fluffy. Formerly outside-only mouser. Poss. 2 1/2 yrs old. = FATHER: Likely local gray-&-wh tomcat dwn the street

Click on any picture to see full size:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.