Helping out

Home Community Horses & Riding Helping out

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EquineDreamer89 19 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Well, before I started leasing this horse named Doc (about a month ago) I worked at the farm I go to in exchange for free rides. It was a great deal, and I got a lot of experience in taking care of a horse. I would just suggest that he offer to help out around the barn he goes to. I doubt that your friend’s neighbors would be offended or mind at all. As long as they are nice people, than there shouldn’t be a problem. A lot of horse people would love to get some extra help. Maybe he can get some free rides on their horses for doing the work (depending on what the horses’ temperments are like. Good luck with your friend! I hope he can get some more experience with horses!!

M.a.t.t

HI. One of my friends dosn’t own a horse but is very interested in them and has been riding for just over a year. He knows the basics e.g turning in/out,feeding,grooming,picking hooves,basic riding,exercising and other simple horse things. He asked me how he can become more involved with horses without owning or loaning one because he’s not allowed. I said to him i’m not sure but you could help out at the stables where you ride. If you have ANY suggestions i would be really happy to know. Thanks a lot 🙂 . BTW-Do you think if he asked he’s neighbors who own horses if they needed any help with there horses they would mind or be offended ??? . Thanks again any ideas appreciated. 🙂

M.a.t.t

As your ideas are good i wouldn’t mind hearing more! lol

No problem! 😉

M.a.t.t

Thanks. It’s just that if he helped out at the stables he could only do it once a week because he’s parents have to take him there and back. Thats why is was wondering if people near him would mind. Thanks. 🙂

Well, for one, I have been on this site for over a year. And for two, I guess I have just read a lot of horse books!! LOL!

I am 14. And I have been riding for 4 years. How long have you been riding? How old are you?

Oh, cool!! When is your birthday? Mine is August 4th. I started riding in the spring of 5th grade.. How about you?

M.a.t.t

I am 13 [14 soon!] and have been riding for about 3 years.

mirical97266

Oh thats cool, I started about the same time, and I am 14 years old, my birthday is Februrary 19th. Hey matt, does it show your picture on your riding school website? Does riding school take place during real school?

I’m sure the riding school does run during the school year. I think what he means by riding school is just a place where you can take lessons, not literally a "school". It seems like a nice place though!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.