More questions and grief than answers

Home Community Pet Loss Support More questions and grief than answers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jasmine 14 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cynthia

Buddy was a stray we rescued. The vet thought he was around 1 year old when we found him. We loved him, cared for him, and played for only 8 years. He was such a puppy – peter pan syndrome I suspect.:-) He played like a puppy ALL THE TIME. He was lean and very very healthy. Our shock was to find him dead on the floor next to my bedside. How do you cope with such an unexpected loss? I am sad, angry, lonely…sad…

Click on any picture to see full size:

Devika

I’m so sorry and fully understand your pain…my pet died a few days ago and I don’t know how I will ever recover from the pain.
    I don’t have any advice but I hope you heal well.
    Your dog is in a happy place now, I’m sure, as is mine.

Jasmine

Sometimes these things can happen and although it hurts and is shocking when a pet dies especially so suddenly, we have to try our hardest to move on and be happy as it is what our pet would want.
    The best console I can give is that at least he had a happy eight years with a loving family off the streets not having to worry about food or someone hurting him. You saved his life when you took him in and he knew it, you should be thankful that at least he died happy and healthy and loving you guys all so much.
    I know it is hard and the only thing I can tell you is the sharp edges of grief will be dulled by the sands of time. Your cuts from heartbreak and pain will never completely heal, you will always bear the scars. But in time the pain will ease.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.