My fighting guinea pigs want to be together!!!

Home Community Small Pets My fighting guinea pigs want to be together!!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Meg 15 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Meg

As you may of seen on another message, i have split up all my male guinea pigs becuase they are fighting. They are fighting becuase they can smell my other girl guinea pigs in the shed next to them. After spliting them up, i went into the shed the next day to find that they had jumped over the fence seperating them and actually switched places! No one can move them or would want to move them so they have definetely jumped. I didnt want them to fight though so i made a higher wall. One of which they can not jump over. But after i watched them for a while they were both digging at the fence trying to get to each other. I feel a bit mean, becuase they obvioulsly want to be together but i can’t becuase they will fight and get seriously hurt. I dont know what to do with them!!!

aiden

i think what you is doing is good because if they is seperated but can still sees eachther thruoh the divider they will not be as lonly. dont feel bad because you is seperating, if they fights then its dangerus to put together.

Animals

It sounds like you have too many animals on your hand that you can care for. Dogs need walks everyday, male and female guinea pigs shouldn’t be near each other, especially if they’re not neutered.. I know it’s easy to buy animals ’cause they’re cute, but each and every one comes with responsibilities, and the owner needs to put their needs before them. Hopefully it will all work out.

Meg

Hi. Firstly i didnt buy them becuase i thought they were cute. I bought them becuase i adore them and i feel that they deserve a nice life, not one in a shop and secondly the girls and boys arnt together in the same cage and thirdly my dog dosnt live with me but i do see it twice a week and help out with her alot. Thanks anyway, many i just didnt make my paragraph very clear.

Thanks
    Meg

Meg

Thanks for the info everyone!
    Meg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.