What about allergies?

Home Community Rabbits What about allergies?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Honor 19 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kellienoel

My husband and I are thinking about buying a rabbit and he may be allergic. he is allergic to cats and dogs. do you think he will react the same to rabbits? i know people who are allergic to cats that own rabbits.

Honor

You ask a very good question. I am desperately allergic to almost all animals. Cats, dogs, horses, guinea pigs etc. However I am not at all allergic to my 2 Dutch rabbits. It’s like a miracle that I can finally have a pet. I love them so much. The best thing to do is visit a shelter and play with the rabbits there. Some pet shops won’t let you pick up a rabbit until after youv have bought it and left the store. You will know pretty quickly if it bothers your allergies. IMPORTANT POINT – Just because you are not allergic to the actual rabbit, if you have hayfever or asthma the bedding might bother you. You will also have to keep your rabbit very clean and make sure they are wiped down if they have been outside running around in the weeds.

Rex and Mini rex are great for allergy sufferers if there is a rabbit show or auction there maybe one there or if you can find a mini rex or rex breeder they are great!

LynxMiniRex

AGREED! Mini Rexes are wonderful plushy bunnies that everyone has fallen in love with on at least one occasion. (Otter should be accepted- they’re my second fav variety!) ;D ;D ;D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.