Are home made treats better than store bought.

Home Community Dogs Are home made treats better than store bought.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frances 15 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John

Do you think that home made treats are better for animals than the ones you buy in the store? I have heard many different views about this. Such as:
    – home made treats are healthier
    – you can make them cheaper than buy them.
    – Store bought treats will last longer and that makes them worth it
    So on and so on. I was just wondering if anyone here makes there own dog treats and if so, how hard is it. Is it worth it?

Katherine

i made home-made dog treats about a yr ago when i got the kit as a gift….yea never did that again
    it took a little work, smelled "lovely" and im not really a baker ….but its up to you my dog LOVED them

nicola

I guess home made ones are probably healthier in some ways, I guess it depends on what you put in them, lol. I always get mine from the store, tend to get biscuits or sticks that help clean my dogs teeth while she chew on them.

Frances

My dog refuses to eat baked dog treats – he likes meat snacks like Pup-er-oni and Milk Bones Filet Mignon snacks. So I can’t give an opinion on that.
    An advantage to the home-made snacks is that you can make them cheese-flavored, or whatever the dog likes the most. And you know exactly what goes into them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.