Dogs and seizures

Home Community Dogs Health Dogs and seizures

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 15 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John

As you may have read in my ealier post my dog Sara has seizures. The reason for this post is to let the readers know that a epiliptic dog can have a full and healthy life. Just the other day I was talking with someone, who after learning of my dogs condition, asked why I choose to let her live with such a poor quality of life. They actually call me selfish and cruel. Well, I informed them that sara had been having seizures since she was 10 months old. She is now going on 8yrs old. She goes to the doctor regularly and her quality of life is better than most humans. I am not going to lie, it was very rough in the beginning. I had many of night where I would just lay in the floor with her. Every time she seized i was always right there. Making sure that she could hear my voice and petting her while trying to stay calm. Eventually we got her meds to the correct levels and she is now seizure free for almost 5yrs. It has been very expensive haveing a dog with her condition. I have actually bought her meds instead of groceries before. So the point of this post, If you love your dog and are willing to do what you would if it was your child. then the quality of life is already better than most.

Sarah

I think thats awesome. Im glad to hear that you didnt give up on her. I know a lot of cases where a pet owner would just assume get rid of the problem instead of going along with trying to find a solution. Your doggie is lucky that she got you as a owner, a person who didnt just let her wither away. There are times when a pet’s quality of life is so deteriorated that, to be humane, the obvious course of action would be to put them down, but im glad that you proved that your case was different.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.