Are you a "Rescuer or an enabler?

Home Community Birds Are you a "Rescuer or an enabler?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Linda 15 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Linda

The question is,
    There are astronomical numbers of birds currently that are on the rehome, sell, and trade cycle and too many are abused, neglected or simply become unwanted and are left in "basements, and become basement birds,
    "bird fodder,"
    and human trash……………
    So now the question is, when it comes to pet shos, and or people who get birds and then sell hem to remodel a home, or get a new car, or go on vacation are you the type of person that will enable people who ignorantly or knowingly engage in the "parrot trafficking trade?
    This means anything from large scale to small, rescue.
    Can you walk away from a large bird, say a Cockatoo housed in a conures cage at a pet shop without purchasing it?
    Will you say something to the petshop owner?
    Will you buy the bird?
    What about an individual? If you know a bird is in need of a desperate change, will you "walk away and not pay the person and let them perhaps seek out another ird, or are you going to as tough as it is walk away even though you know this poor bird is ultimately going to suffer?
    To me this from situaion to situation it can be tough.
    To me it would hinge on one word.
    "Depend"
    but are you also a type of a person who flat out for the sake of all birds the kind who refuse to pay individuals or pet shops a "ransome for a needy bird?
    Will your conciouns be your guide?

Linda

What are you trying to say?

Linda

I am saying can you honestly and truly walk away from a needy bird, that is being held hostage in a bad enviornment, abused neglected, forgotten and unwanted, and yet the person who owns the bird will not let you just take the bird because you know you can do so much better for the bird,
    because you know full well if you pay the person money for the bird the likelyhood of the owner repeating buying another bird to sell it again causing morepain and more suffering by other birds if you purchase the bird regardless.
    or can you honestly as hard as it may be refuse to pay the person who is not caring for the bird properly but won’t give it up either. could you walk away knowing tht you could i,prove the birds life?
    or could you be tougher and just walk away, but at the same time tactfully or untactfully educate the bad parrot owner. CFould you, would you continue to talk this person into just surrendering the bird to you if possible?
    how difficult is that to understand?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.