HELP ME PLEASE HAMSTER BITES TO MUCH!!!!!

Home Community Small Pets HELP ME PLEASE HAMSTER BITES TO MUCH!!!!!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  renee 16 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Taylor

I love my hamster Nibbles but she bites 2 much. My mom says if she bites me again she goes back to petco but i have seen the videos so i am scared :(!!! I am afraid too take her out and play with her but i have to. Please help me and Nibble PLEASE HURRY!!!!!

anna

Many hamsters bite. Its why I always recommend rats to people, they are much more affectionate and sweet.
    Ugh. I have no good advice. I just dislike hamsters as pets . . .

Angela

Does ‘Nibbles’ have chewing blocks? If not I would suggest you getting some! I had a Black Bear pup that did the same thing, but I would suggest throroughly washing your hands. They sometimes smell something on your hand that they want to taste. After I started washing my hands, my hamster no longer bit me.

Brianne

i own both a hamster and a rat. hamsters who are socialized are great pets just as good a rats. i have had many hamsters that bite in the past for the fact that they to need love and not to many people take in aggressive hamsters. wear gloves. he/she will learn that no matter how much it bites its not going to work. also make sure you do not have other animals sents on your hands. good luck.

renee

DO NOT TAKE HER BACK TO PET STORE. YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO HER. THEY WILL SAY SHE CANNOT BE SOLD AND THEY WILL KILL HER.
    IN THE 1990s, I HAD A WHITE-AND-BLACK HAMSTER NAMED ROXANA WHO I HAD HER ENTIRE LIFE SINCE THE DAY SHE WAS BORN. SHE WOULD BITE ME EVERY TIME SHE COULD. SHE WOULD BITE ME EVERY TIME MY FINGERS WERE WITHIN REACH. SHE WOULD WATCH MY HANDS NEAR HER CAGE AND SHE WOULD WAIT TO BITE ME! HER WHOLE LIFE!
    IT NEVER BOTHERED ME THAT SHE BIT ME. I WOULD SAY, THOSE LITTLE TEETH THAT I LOVE MADE THESE MARKS! I LOVED HER DEARLY AND WAS ALWAYS, ALWAYS GRATEFUL THAT I WAS BLESSED TO OWN HER. NONE OF HER LITTERMATES BIT; NEITHER DID HER PARENTS. THAT IS JUST WHO ROXANA WAS– AND WE MUST JUST ACCEPT AND LOVE OUR PETS AS THEY ARE.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.