Does Your Dog Get Filtered Water?

Home Community Dog Food & Feeding Does Your Dog Get Filtered Water?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Mary 16 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Chuck

Does your dog get filtered water? Just something for interest. Although I live above the Floridan Aquifer which is some of the best water, our water is still supplied by a water company and therefor processed. We do filter our drinking water which our dog also drinks. This removes 98% of chlorine, copper, mercury, and lead.

Dale

Yes, I’ve always thought that it was a good idea to since I’m concerned about the quality of our water supply. We are sent yearly reports of what is is the water and I don’t know why anyone would drink it without filtering it first. I do everything I can to ensure a long, healthy life for my gang and filtering their water is one part of it.

Anna

My dogs get double filtered water, it’s good for us it’s for them.

SJ

I dont filter my water and so dont for any of my pets, to be honest Ive never thought about it or any of the benefits that they could get from filtered water. But hey if and when I get a filter for myself I will switch the pets over as well.

Chuck

Both Pur and Brita make filter pitchers and I’m sure they are available in England. They do a pretty good job of filtering for a low price.

Stephanie

Haven’t you heard? We HAVE NO WATER IN GEORGIA!!! lol
    No, I don’t. I suppose if I filtered my own water, I would filter my cats and dog also. Maybe one day.

Lucy

Nope, no filtered water here. My well is 350′ deep and I have the water checked annually for nitrates, nitrites, copper, mercury, lead, etc. So far, so good. I’m considering putting in a water tank, at which time I will install a reverse osmosis filter on the line exiting the tank. On the rare occasion that I have to switch to my second well, which is only 45′ deep and does not have a sleeve, I use two filters on the line–one to filter out the dirt and rocks, the other to filter impurities.
    PS – You’re right on with you dog food site! Keep up the good work.

Mary

I give my dogs bottled water. My family and I drink bottled water since our water here tastes so bad. I don’t know if it tastes bad to my dogs, but I give them the bottled water anyway. Some times, our tap water has a grit in it; I don’t know what it is, but it can’t be healthy fo people or dogs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.