Guineas Teeth

Home Community Small Pets Guineas Teeth

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  SJ 16 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SJ

Yet another post about my Snowflake, after having one of her top teeth pulled (it was split to the root and painful for her) her bottom teeth are having to be clipped but the latest problem is what I feared, that the remaining tooth at the top is too short for her to eat with, its not reaching the bottom teeth, so looks like there going to have to be cut right down to give the top one time to grow back.
    My question is any ideas on how to help her keep the bottom 2 short and the top 1 long(ish), and anyone have any experience cutting teeth at home?

Stephanie

I can only tell you that I gave my piggies anything and everything (safe) to gnaw on…they mostly liked to chew on their cage though!
    All of mine died of old age…their teeth never had to be clipped and were never an issue…lucky I guess..
    Do you have a vet that specializes in small animals in your area? We used to have a good one here….they coud probably offer some advice..
    Best of luck to Snowflake.

SJ

Yeah we have an ace vet for her and when we cant see him there is another one who is ‘more’ qualified in rodents and exotics whos also very good.
    The thing is that its trying to keep the bottom ones short and the top one long thats the problem.
    Thanks for the post though! Much appriciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.