VOMITING?

Home Community Cats Health VOMITING?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Aquila 20 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sarah123

I took in a kitten of about 3 weeks old from a lady with a box, and I have had her now for about a month and a half to two months. I kept her on a diet of canned kitty foods and milk until a few weeks ago when she started drinking too much milk and leaving her food in her dish. I have learned that milk can cause worms so slowly changed it to water. Recently, she has been running around the house hyper, eating all of her food, then throwing it back up 2-4 times a day. She’s never left the house, so I’m wondering whats wrong with her. Any ideas to help my sick kitty? Any suggestions on what the problem is?

Aquila

Hi Sarah! ? ? When you were feeding your kitten milk, was it store bought milk? ?Because cats are lactose intolerant. ?The milk might have been making her sick. ?If you wish to give her milk now & then as a treat, if you can go to PetsMart or Petco, they sell a cat & kitten formula milk. ?I buy the cat milk for 2 of my cats: ?Smokey Bear (age 7-1/2 yrs & Romeo (age 9-3/4 yrs). ?But they get it only once every 10 days. ?None of the other cats want the cat milk. ? ? ? As for water, cats, dogs, etc should always have a fresh bowl of water down every day. ?Water is a necessity for both humans & animals alike. If my cats drop a couple kibbles in the water, I dump the water out & give them fresh; because they will not touch it. ? ? ?Since your cat is vomiting. ?It may be the type of kitten food you are feeding. ?Are you giving dry, as well as canned? ?The dry has nutrients in it that your kitten needs to grow properly. ?Plus it helps the kittens teeth stay strong. ?If you are not feeding kitten food, you should purchase from a pet food store, where you will have a larger selection, from the various brands vs a grocery store. ? ? ? ? I, myself, would take the kitten to the vet to see what the problem is. ?It might be hairballs, as Kelsey suggested; it may be the brand kitten food; or something else. ?Your kitten may be ingesting peices of carpeting, slippers, etc. ?Kittens also love to chew, just like puppies. ? ? ? I have gone thru a number of slippers from my cats when they were kittens! ? They would claw the slippers & we would catch them trying to eat the shreds. ?Then we would tell them NO & squirt them with a water bottle! ?It took us awhile, but they eventually got away from the slippers & into their cat toys. ? ? ? If I may ask please, does your kitten have all her up to date shots? ?If not, please don’t forget about your fur-baby! ? Also, ask your vet when you can have her spayed. ?I am sorry to sound so harsh, but if it is not a pedigreed kitten that is registererd with 1 of the major cat clubs & you go to shows every weekend. ?Then the kitten should be spayed, because there are enough unwanted animals in the world. ? ? ? But, I guess, some day you will get your kitten a feline friend, so she will not be lonely, when you & your spouse are at work, etc. ?I hope I gave other options to your kitten vomiting.

Beth1531

Hi I don’t know how much I can help you with your problem of the cat vomiting but, I just wanted to let you know that they do have cat milk that is safe for cats (i get my cats whiskis cat milk). You can give it to cats as treats. The vomiting could be from not only hairballs but also from the cat getting used to eating food again. Good Luck Beth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.