Dog drinking lots of water & vomitting

Home Community Dogs Health Dog drinking lots of water & vomitting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Jen 16 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jen

Mom’s dog, Lhasa Apso, has been drinking a TON of water lately, but then throws it up almost immediately. He’s also been scratching a lot even though he’s on Benadryl at vet’s direction, and he pees on just about every vertical object when walked. Any ideas what it might be? Any advise would really be appreciated.

Stephanie

Really need more info…the dogs age…first thought is kidneys. Google, "dog excessive drinking and urination and vomitting"…..how long has this been going on? If it were me, I’d just take him to the vet to be safe.

Jen

He’s almost 7 (in October), and otherwise in good health. He’s been to the vet in the last 2 months, clean bloodwork. The peeing seems like he’s marking his territory (he is neutered), because it’s always where other dogs have peed. More of my concern is the almost ‘bingeing and purging’ on the water. It’s the water that goes down, and within 15-20 mins, it’s back up again. And it’s just the water – no bile or food. Any ideas?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.