Have you ever been bitten by a dog?

Home Community People & Their Pets Have you ever been bitten by a dog?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Lindsey 15 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Susan

When my grandson was around 2 yrs old he was bitten by a chiwawa (sp)…he still carries that scar and it is right beside his eye…he was so lucky Speedy didn’t get the eye.
    I dunno if he did anything to provoke him or not but when Speedy came to our house he was very high strung and barked at everybody and would bite them if he were running loose in the house…I had him confined to the bathroom while my son/daughter in law would visit….My grandson is not afraid of dogs at all over that incident maybe he is just too little to remember it……suebee

Danny
    Participant

>>that law enforcement trained dogs are trained specifically NOT to be dominated.<< Diamondtiger My story is about a dog that is not trained other then whatever family dog type training that occured. This is not a police dog just a family pet that bit me.

K

🙂 That’s why I said > Which dog? The one in the video or the one that bit you? I’m just wanting to be clear before I say too much. < However, upon re-reading your post, I see that you were referring to the dog that bit you. *blush* That's what I get for reading while bouncing a baby and watching my daughter learn to juggle a soccer ball with her feet huh. lol I really need to stop replying to people when there are so much going on in my house.Anyway... the rest of my post was pretty much just a recollection of what my husband said.

Danny
    Participant

DiamondTiger I am hoping to dispel the ignorance out there with this thread. I don’t know how many people are on this site so its probably a drop in the bucket but hope to hear from all who have or know someone who has been bitten. I think that if we can get people to share then we will see that the dogs on the black list are being singled out…I am also hoping that it does not attract false reports by those with and agenda!

K

I’m sorry I have not returned to this topic until now. Actually Rottie, I think yours is a great question. I too would like to know how many people on this site have been bitten or know someone who has been bitten by a dog, what breed the dog was, was it a mutt, etc. I’d also like to know how many of the dog bites that have been and will be posted were reported? As I said, I was bit numerous times as a child but none were reported. The bite my cousin took from "my" chihuahua was not reported. I’m pretty sure though, that my friends attack was reported. It was pretty bad.

Danny
    Participant

The Shepard that bit me, I didn’t report it, nor did I even tell the owner. I was protecting the dog from possible negative outcome. Now I would tell the owner but that is all! This happens all the time…..Please tell us your story(s). I do not believe this breed (G.Shepard) is tainted because one dog in it bit me! No matter how powerful or how weak as in the chihuahua, it doesn’t define vicious!

A

well all the people i no who have or are around dogs quite a bit have been biten some just play biting other times not but if you spend your life with dogs your are eventully going to get bitten

Carolyn

I haven’t been bitten by a dog before – just teething puppies – but that doesn’t count, they don’t know any better!

Deidra

Been bitten a few times in my life, even had to get a Rabbies shot… OUCH! Never wanna do that again! Just got bit the other day because I had to break up my puppies (9 mo old) from killing each other! It was just my finger. Still doctoring it though, that canine really got me good! I agree… if one is around animals long enough, he/she will endure some sort of negative reaction eventually!

Lindsey

Oh yes. I was mauled in the face when I was four by a 100 something pound German Shepherd. It ended up being 42 stitched in my face. As far as being provoked, I guess he saw me to be in his territory in a way. I was walking home from my neighbor’s house and he barked, and then came at me.
    My parents made a smart move and shortly after the attack, bought me a Black Lab puppy. He was very small and friendly as a puppy, and grew up with me into a big and very loyal dog. It made it an easy transition for me to recognize big dogs aren’t scary.
    Coincidentally, German Shepherds are among my favorite breeds of dogs (hence my Marla).

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.