Beta’s

Home Community Small Pets Beta’s

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Calla 15 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Daniellle

Hi i was thinking about getting a japanese fighter fish as i only have a small tank big enough for one fish to have a good amount of space and i was just wondering is a japanese fighter fish the same thing as a beta also do they live in hot or cold water i would just like any information on them please as if i do not nknow alot about them and feel ido not have the right equipment/money to care for 1 i will not ghet one ?? also can they live with loaches that eat algae

Katelyn

Bettas should live in a room temperature tank. At the bottom of the tank you should put some of those pebble things you get at the store. A nice fake plant is a fine decoration for your tank. Bettas eat beta food which you can buy at the pet store. But if you really want to spoil your beta you can feed it bloodworms. I am too much of a baby to feed my betta that! lol. Good luck!
    Katie

Chase

They are actually a tropical species and should be kept at about 74 degrees but room temp will be ok if your tank isnt big enough for a heater

matt

hi i breed siamese fighters. They can live happily at room temperature. They can be fed on tropical fish flakes but they do prefer bloodworm

Alice

I’ve had a beta for about two years. He’s not got a very big tank either. yes a siamese fighting fish and a beta are the same. I don’t have a heater or anything in my tank, if the water is warmer the fish will be more active and more aggressive. if the water is cooler it will be more mellow. I have a live plant as he seems to like it better. Just feed him betta food. (which you can find at just about any pet store, and probably walmart as well.)

Calla

A bettas water should be around 80 degrees. Bettas can live in harsh conditions but should at least have around 1 gallon of water. Bettas can live with some other fish that don’t have big colorful tails so he would be fine with some loaches. Also bettas are very inexpensive and easy to care for fish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.