which critter????

Home Community Small Pets which critter????

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frances 16 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

linzi

my hamster (harry) recently died but i want A NEW PET ITS BETWEEN: gerbil and guinea pig plz help me i really want a new pet. my friend down the road has guinea pigs but you cant touch them they are too shy are all guinea pigs shy???

Kurt

When I was young we had a guinnea pig as a pet and he come out of cage and played daily with us the dog and cat. We even took outside so he cound play, til we moved north and neighbors dog killed it. Just hold em play with them and keep them socialized they will do good.Ours even knew bedtime and went to cage.

tyler

i reccemond you get gerbils, i have to and they’re very friendly and entertaining.

Daniellle

no all guineapigas aent shy but i would suggest gerbils as they do not need as much space and can be alot more fun but on the other hand yu can train guineapigs to come when yu call them but they do not alot more care and attention to bring them out of thieris hell

Frances

I’m sorry your hamster died.
    Guinea pigs will be friendly if you get them young, play with them a lot, and amuse them. They have as many kinds of personalities as people, or dogs, friendly, shy, all kinds.
    How much space do you have? Guinea pigs need a cage at least 36 inches wide and 15 inches high and deep. All their furniture is a lot larger than for gerbils.
    Gerbils have to be bought in pairs, as they have to have gerbil company so they don’t get lonely. I think guinea pigs are a bit happier alone, if they get a lot of attention.
    And when you take them out of the cage to play with them, they don’t disappear into tiny corners like gerbils do.
    I think the guinea pig will be more likely to be something you can play with.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.