Fire Ants, maybe?

Home Community Dogs Health Fire Ants, maybe?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Daniellle 16 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Amanda

Hi. I think I’m having a problem with fire ant bites on my dog and cat. I’m not sure, because I’ve looked up what I can and there’s not much I can find about bites on animals.

There is a fire ant swarm at the fence post in our backyard, where the house meets where the post is. I think that the ants are somehow getting into the basement and therefore biting my cat and dog.

I assume this, because the only time either animal has any trouble with irritated skin is when they’ve been down in the basement for long periods of time.

My cat’s entire back and neck were hairless, with horrible bites and scabs all over. We cleaned the basement several times, had people come in and tell us that there were no bugs, and now that my big dog has been down in the basement he’s getting bites on his tail.

So I wonder, what could be a sign that they are fire ants, and what can I do to get rid of them? I tried pouring some bleach on the mound, trying to kill them off when I found the cat with the scabs.

If it’s not fire ants, what else could it be. I wonder, because my cat has just now healed after about a good 6 months of having hair patches missing off her body.

Daniellle

i would stop letting ur animals down in the basement and get an exterminator out

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.